Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadcasters

Latest topics

» TBG Pre-Summer Community Update
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:42 pm by SuperHadouken

» Your Favorite Game?
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:47 am by KingNayru

» The ^<v Game
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:35 pm by KingNayru

» What's your steam username?
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 pm by KingNayru

» Post your Firefox theme!
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:29 pm by DeltronZero000

Top posters

vietdzine (185)
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Vote_lcapStar Trek (2009) - Movie Review Voting_barStar Trek (2009) - Movie Review Vote_rcap1 
Kym (119)
Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Vote_lcapStar Trek (2009) - Movie Review Voting_barStar Trek (2009) - Movie Review Vote_rcap1 
SuperHadouken (109)
Sorixas (89)
MuRRizzLe (54)
Nolan0wnsyou (52)
jerikolekach (46)
ItsEvoDuh (41)
chcltmoney2 (37)
radgravity (36)

3 posters

Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review

Greg Arganda
    Greg Arganda
    VIP
    VIP

Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Empty Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review

Post  Greg Arganda Mon May 11, 2009 2:33 am

Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Startrekposter
    Star Trek
    a review by Greg Arganda

J.J. Abram's "Star Trek" is a beautiful masterpiece that stays true to the wit of the original characters and brings forth exceptional action to a timeless franchise. We the audience are given the story of the birth of an intergalactic hero in James T. Kirk (played by Chris Pine) who fights against impossible odds to walk in the steps of his father George Kirk (played by Chris Hemsworth). Little does James know that in the far reaches of space a formidable test in his ability to walk in the path of his father's footsteps awaits him and the young Spock (played by Zachary Quinto). A mad Romulan by the name of Nero (played by Eric Bana) seeks the devastation of entire worlds and the young Kirk eagerly prepares his response in legendary fashion.
    Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Hr_Nero_poster
    (Eric Bana as the psychotic Romulan, Nero)

This film has so much good in it it is hard to count how many things I like about it. For one the C.G.I. usage in this film was absolutely breath-taking, the action sequences were enthralling and the best part was how amazingly loyal the character development was in staying true to the Star Trek name. The C.G.I. shines brightly in the miraculous space battles of epic proportions. My jaw simply dropped as the monstrous ship of Nero's glides through space unleashing devastating blows to the Star Fleet's ship. Also, every action sequence was amazing in this film, it really sucks the audience right into the movie and does a great job of making you feel like you are there. In one scene a giant monster chases after Kirk after he is marooned on a planet devastated by cold. As he runs the audience can almost feel the breath of the monster on their backs as it chases to eat the young Kirk and put an end to our hero. Finally, the character development in this film is so amazingly true to Gene Roddenberry's design that it felt like I was watching the original show with a new cast and production value out the ass. Every wisecrack, every ounce of Spock hiding his emotion and the smirks on Kirk's face will transport the audience to the hay day of the original Star Trek while delivering amazing entertainment.
    Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Startrekcrew

I have nothing bad to say about this film in any regard, it is truly a piece of art.
    Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Picture28

I give this movie two gigantic thumbs up for not only being one of the best Star Trek movies out there but for transporting me back to the early times of Star Trek and reminding me of everything that is good in the Star Trek franchise. So I part with this, Stark Trek, live long and prosper, Greg Arganda out.

Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Spock

IMDB Rating: 8.3/10
    [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/[/URL]

Video Review:
    [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88lZXrCfXU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88lZXrCfXU[/URL]
    MuRRizzLe
    MuRRizzLe
    Mastaaah!!
    Mastaaah!!

Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review Empty Re: Star Trek (2009) - Movie Review

Post  MuRRizzLe Mon May 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Oh hell yeah greg! I've gotta find time to see this verrrrrry soon
    vietdzine
    vietdzine
    TBG Admin
    TBG Admin

Post  vietdzine Sun May 17, 2009 3:46 am

I'm guessing this is only a movie for avid Star Trek fans?
    Someone with no prior knowledge whatsoever about Star Trek shouldn't see this, right?
    Greg Arganda
    Greg Arganda
    VIP
    VIP

Post  Greg Arganda Sun May 17, 2009 3:55 am

vietdzine wrote:I'm guessing this is only a movie for avid Star Trek fans?
    Someone with no prior knowledge whatsoever about Star Trek shouldn't see this, right?
    Wrong Viet, anyone can watch the movie and come back to the GameOn forums, there was no reason to leave. There is no reason not to have that connection in the GameOn community.
    vietdzine
    vietdzine
    TBG Admin
    TBG Admin

Post  vietdzine Sun May 17, 2009 4:43 am

Greg Arganda wrote:
    Wrong Viet, anyone can watch the movie and come back to the GameOn forums, there was no reason to leave. There is no reason not to have that connection in the GameOn community.

It's for specific reasons that I really don't want to say publicly, Greg.
    GameOn's completely fine without me.
    Haha.
    It's not like I was a big contributor to anything.
    I'm only a PC gamer with no Xbox 360 or Ps3.

But what about the story concerning his father and whatnot?
    Would a non-Star Trek fan know that?
    Greg Arganda
    Greg Arganda
    VIP
    VIP

Post  Greg Arganda Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 am

vietdzine wrote:
    Greg Arganda wrote:

It's for specific reasons that I really don't want to say publicly, Greg.
    GameOn's completely fine without me.
    Haha.
    It's not like I was a big contributor to anything.
    I'm only a PC gamer with no Xbox 360 or Ps3.

But what about the story concerning his father and whatnot?
    Would a non-Star Trek fan know that?
    [b]His father is never spoken of in the Star Trek show or movies, this is the first time he is spoken about Dr. Cheese. 900 plus pots and you aren't a big contributer? You know better than that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am